LHC News And Views (a crappy blog name that is subject to change) is a blog where I first intend to collect accurate and explanatory news about the Large Hadron Collider. By this, I mean to say that I will collect news about the LHC here in one place, but also to explain the underlying physics that this news will relate to.
Being myself a layman with little to no knowledge of particle physics (or any other type of physics, for that matter) this blog will very much record my own adventure of discovery toward understanding the impact that the LHC will have on our world. So beside just reporting on news updates, I also intend to post my research on topics that are intimately involved with understanding the LHC.
Unfortunately, I cannot claim to be any bit authoritative on anything that is written here. Any corrections will be greatly appreciated.
Anyways, yesterday, September 10, 2008, marked the first time a protons made a complete trip around the collider. In just over a month, on October 21, the first high-energy protons will begin to collide. Let's get this started with.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment